With 40% of emerging markets still anticipated to use 2G in 2020 (according to GSMA), the cost savings and simplification of Parallel Wireless solution allow global operators to bring connectivity to these markets while enabling an easy and cost-effective migration path to 3G/4G/5G.
This solution utilizes two main components from Parallel Wireless:
- HetNet Gateway (HNG), the industry’s only 3GPP-compliant 2G/3G/4G network orchestrator that virtualizes essential network functionalities on one platform to enable network simplification and automated maintenance to reduce OPEX. By unifying and orchestrating any G on a software-upgradable platform, HNG also paves the way for 5G.
- Converged Wireless System (CWS), world’s first 2G/3G/4G base station built using commodity silicon that combines Baseband Unit (BBU), Remote Radio Head (RRH), edge router, and flexible backhaul in one small form factor. Being a Software-Defined (SDR) base station, CWS can provide any combination of 2G/3G/4G access simultaneously and delivers the highest RF output to cover the furthest distance for roughly half the investment.
As a result:
- With Parallel Wireless solution, operators will get eight (8) times RF power with the lowest power consumption, allowing them to further extend coverage with a few base station and less investments into site equipment like solar panels.
- MNOs can upgrade their 2G solutions to 3G or 4G with the same investment via Software-Defined Radio (SDR) Functionality: By integrating GSM, UMTS, and LTE on the same form factor, operators can provide 2G access and seamlessly switch on 3G/4G capabilities at their own pace and budget with a simple software upgrade, without replacing the equipment on site.
- Operators will get the lowest TCO: With easy installation and the ability to run 2G/3G/4G on the same solution, operators CAPEX is significantly reduced. Lowest power consumption and network automation delivers OPEX savings as well. As a result, operators increase profitability via cost savings over the entire network lifecycle.
Not only does this solution allow operators in emerging markets to connect the unconnected at much lower cost, it also enables the rollout of NB-IoT in developed markets since the addition of 2G to Parallel Wireless base stations (known as CWS) allows refarmed spectrum to run on this equipment.
If you have any additional questions on how Parallel Wireless innovates with a purpose and connect the unconnected across the globe, please visit www.parallelwireless.com
The post Parallel Wireless Introduces innovative 2G solution upgradeable to 3G/4G with the same investment. appeared first on RCR Wireless News.